Tuesday 9 September 2014

Challenge #136 week of 8th September 2014

One of the reasons I love scrapbooking is all the beautiful stash that comes with it. I am quite trend driven and love to buy and use the latest and greatest of the new items. One of those trends that's been around a long time now is woodgrain and this week, that's what I'd like you to be inspired by.

There's different directions you could take this such as using woodgrain printed paper, or perhaps letters or stickers. What about all the wood veneer products out there. Embossing, stamping or printing would work really well here and then there's the subject itself. I'm just about to throw out a wooden framed print that I particularly love because it's damaged. But there's a story behind it from the fact that my dad made the frame for me when I was about 12 from the most amazing wood through to the fact that this is a painting in the local Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery to which I find myself drawn over and over again. When times are bad, I can go there and just sit and look at it for hours. And that frame matches a desk and wardrobe also made for me by my dad from the prettiest pink tinted wood. I still have the desk...

This ready embossed woodgrain cardstock is simply beautiful to use and adds great texture and interest to the simplest design. 

For this layout I used my Big Shot to die-cut different sized stars from real wood veneer paper. I love the fact that the woodgrain is real!

We'd love to see your creations over in the Flickr gallery (here) with the tag WM#136.

Also, don't forget that there's a giveaway running all September...! Any and all entries for any prompts during September will go into the pot for a little prize! Load up your creations to our Flickr gallery (here) and join in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...