Friday 28 February 2014

#104 inspired by random flashbacks

Challenge #104... be inspired by random flashbacks

To be honest, many of my pages could probably fall into this category as I rarely plan what I'm going to create. I very often put together the basic design, then grab some photos, flip through and decide what story to tell from there. 

My Philippine photos mostly take me right back to when I lived there - with such details that it's hard to believe so much time has gone by. And each page I make about my time there are just snippets of memories. Love that.

So LOAD prompt #19 was the myth that all products used in scrapbooking should be archival and acid-free. I can honestly say that this never crosses my mind. I scrap with whichever products come to hand and never think about the archival quality of anything that will feature. So on this day, I just my usual scrapping. But in order to get all those boxes ticked, I used my Counterfeit Kit Challenge January kit (lo#7) and also the Whimsical Musings prompt as mentioned above.

An unassuming photo that I came across and suddenly I was right there. I could almost smell the place. I jotted down some memories relating to whatever you can see in this photo - the tricycle, the guards, the sunshine. I need to make more layouts like this.

Even though it's certainly different shades, I used the blue and gold mists, red brad and veneer stars as a reference to the Philippine flag (red, blue, yellow and white with stars)

Think I'm going to need more of these Thickers


At some point this year, I'm going to start getting layouts into albums and all my Philippine layouts will come together.  I'll be able to see the tiny memories that I have captured so far all in one place, and identify all the thousands of other details that still need to be recorded. After 17 years I think it's time!

If you go back to older prompts and make a layout, we'd love to see it over in the Flickr gallery (here) with the relevant WM#XX tag.  

1 comment:

  1. So cute - I love that row of envelopes. Flashbacks are what I love about scrapping - get to relive moments again and again.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...