Monday 4 November 2019

Challenge #337 - week of 4th November 2019

It seems as if I'm constantly looking at the calendar for prompt ideas - especially at this time of year. But there really is so much inspiration right there that it's hard to resist and so I find myself turning to my calendar again this week.

I've talked about Guy Fawkes Night before, which is celebrated on the 5th November in the UK - you can find my original prompt here WM#144 - be inspired by fireworks - so I just want to take an element of that for this week.

Be inspired by fire.

With the darker nights and colder weather, I think this is a good challenge for this season.

I made this layout about our daily evening activity in Canada of sitting round the campfire at the end of the day and to be honest, I could probably make a whole bunch of these about the trip!


But you could think about the following ways to take the prompt:
  • for winter layouts you could think about cosy evenings in front of the fire at home or trendy winter BBQs as well as bonfires for Bonfire Night 
  • for summer layouts, fire could cover everything BBQ or fire-pit related 
  • traditional medieval markets might be lit by fire
  • you might have seen a circus act featuring a fire eater who you'd like to feature
  • maybe something motivates you so much that you feel you have fire in your belly?
  • sitting round the campfire in the same way I've documented above
  • maybe you want to think about fire colours - the reds, oranges and yellows - for your colour scheme or product selection
  • I'm sure there are lots of die cut files featuring fires which could be a fun way to take the challenge 

Whichever way you decide to go, I really hope you'll share. It would be great to see what you make.  You can connect with us in our Facebook group here. Tag your entry with #WMXXX (with the number of the prompt instead of the XXX) so we know exactly which inspiration you've taken.


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...