Monday 9 October 2017

Challenge #271 - week of 9th October 2017

Oh dear! It's been weeks - literally - since I managed to post here.

I'm not going to try to offer excuses, just know that it's not because I don't want to!

I have actually tried to work on the last prompt here (WM#270 - be inspired by an unexpected stash find) and was somewhat totally unsuccessful so that's still on my scrap table to try to rescue - I'll share it when I do. In the meantime, let's just carry on where we left off and take it from there.

Last Friday, I ventured out alone to a small, club-venue concert to see Justin Nozuka. It was fantastic and I loved every minute of it - he's an amazing artist. I can't remember the last time I went to such a small intimate concert and it definitely made me feel a bit old! But I wasn't the oldest there so that made me feel a bit better. I've been a huge fan for a very long time (first single purchased and fell in love with back in March 2007) and have only come across one other person who has even heard of him (WM friend Pam over in NYC) so it was great to be among fans of his songwriting and unusual voice. I'm still on a bit of a high.

Which got me thinking to our prompt and this week I'd like you to be inspired by concerts.

I recently (gulp - it felt like recently but was actually December last year!) made a layout about a particularly memorable concert when I had the ultimate luck to get to see David Bowie on his Serious Moonlight tour back in 1983. In fact, I need to update this layout because I came across the precious concert ticket which I'd like include on the layout in some way (perhaps just a scan, not sure right now!).


I've also recorded several Elton John concerts over the years - my husband and I have limited mutual middle-ground music but I have learnt to totally love Elton since the early days and we get to see him whenever we can! Of course I can't find a picture of a layout right now but if I track it down, I'll be sure to share!

So you could follow my lead and record a momentous concert you got to see at some point in your life. Or you could scrap about any concert - pop, rock, classical, school, brass band, choir, whichever takes your fancy! - that you have attended. Maybe you didn't get to see a concert that you wanted to or is there someone you'd like to see in concert one time in your life that's a total bucket list item. You might be a proud mummy who attends plenty of school concerts of varying quality which might bring  back fabulous, emotional or something less than positive memories! How about participating in a concert if you're a musical genius? I think there are several different ways to take this prompt.

Anyway, if you're still here and still following along, I'd love you to be inspired by concerts and to share any creations that you make.

You can add your photos to our Facebook group here and I promise to try to keep up with the prompts! It's LOAD month so I might even get a layout or two done with WM prompts. Watch this space. :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Will have to have a bit of a think on this one... you've been on my mind lately - glad you popped back on here! <3

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...