Monday 17 June 2013

Challenge #94 week of 17th June 2013

Happy almost mid-summer's day everyone!

Hope you are enjoying the longer days before they turn again after the summer equinox on 21st and we start heading downhill to the end of the year with ever shortening days! Ha ha! Always make me smile to think that - I don't know about you, but we are just heading into the good weather here so it's always funny to think that the days are already getting shorter.

Anyway, things are pretty quiet round here and we are all busy I guess. And I know that I am still behind on some prompts so maybe this "easier" one this week will help us all out to get involved in a simpler way.

I was looking round my room when I saw my new doilies that I'd picked up recently from some foodie shop and thought how pretty they are. I now have quite a collection - much expanded by a wonderful selection from our delightful Leslie last year. They are truly treasured doilies and I try to make sure I only use them as and when they will be showcased to their best.

This is just a small number of those I have:


Don't they all look so pretty?

So this week, I'm challenging you to use up doilies on your layouts. Whether they are real, printed, die-cut or masked, find some way to incorporate pretty lacy effects into your designs. A perfect excuse for a girlie layout perhaps!

Here are a couple of examples of layouts where I've used this effect:







Have a great week everyone and don't forget to link up over at Flickr (here) with the tag WM#94.

Can't wait to see what you create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...