Monday 1 July 2013

Challenge #96 week of 1st July 2013

Happy July!

Are you all ready for the 2nd half of the year and for this week's prompt?

This is the fourth blog post I've written today so I'm keeping this one short and to the point.

I was busy preparing my July Counterfeit Kit over this weekend and I decided to include a whole batch of printables for Project Life style journalling cards and filler notes (I used these notes from Pinterest here and these from this blog here - they are gorgeous - all of them!). And the inspiration kit we were given had two sheets of cut apart papers - a bingo card sheet by Simple Stories paper and a bits and pieces sheet by Glitz.

So many scrapbook paper manufacturers are following this trend at the moment with cut apart sheets forming major parts of many collections. Simple Stories have been doing this right from the beginning with Echo Park, Dear Lizzy, Amy Tangerine, Authentique and in fact, almost all the main players joining in to some degree. I'm a sucker for them and when I flip through my stash I have page after page after page of them. Most of them uncut :-(



Now, I have a full set of Project Life products to start my very own album but so far, I haven't got around to it! I'm a bit hopeless with actually starting something new. And it's the middle of the year - I find myself thinking that I should wait for January. But that isn't what this prompt is all about.

What I'd like you to do this week is to use cut apart elements on your projects. On any project except a Project Life spread. A scrapbook layout, a mini-book or even a card. Get creative with incorporating journalling notes, bingo cards, cut out polaroids or just decorative blocks.

Don't forget to share your creations with us over at the Flickr gallery with the tag WM#96.

See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...