Tuesday 18 July 2017

Challenge #266 - week of 17th July 2017

Did you see?!!?

I not only posted an older prompt layout last week (WM#261 - inspired by loss) but I also managed to get the most recent prompt page done too! (WM#265 - inspired by bees). I'm feeling pretty good about that.

One of the main reasons that I managed it last week is that our wonderful Whimsical Musings friend, Pam, challenged me to play along with the Shimelle 25 days of scrapbooking words which runs from 7th through to the end of July. The timing is pretty good for me and so far, I'm on track with a layout for each of the word based challenges. If you're not already playing along, why not join in. It's really low pressure and I'm loving it. And it's always better to play along with friends, isn't it?

I'll be sharing a few more of my layouts soon as many of them have been made with my trusty Counterfeit Kit Challenge kits. Great to see them getting used up. Double win.

I was tidying up my desk yesterday when my eye fell on a wonderfully pretty pocket page that I received out of the blue from my sweet fellow CKC Master Forger and long time internet friend, Clair (find her glorious makes over on her blog here).


I don't think I managed to share it yet and so I took it into some better light to take a few photos. One of the "things" with pocket letters is that you should include some mini goodies for the recipient and sure enough, tucked in and behind the pockets are a handful of typical Clair items!

Sprinkles and sparkles...


a hand-beaded element...


some tiny banners...


a cute clip...


and some stamped and fussy-cut labels and tickets.


I emptied them out and realised that this would be perfect for today's prompt.

I'd like you to be inspired by labels.


Of course, the obvious route to go this week is to get happy with labels on your project.  I have a sheet of paper from the Memorandum collection which I am using purely for cutting out the pre-printed labels - love how they are turning out. There are a myriad of label supplies and printables that you could use on your pages - use them for journalling, use them for the title, use them for the date, use them just for decoration! Or maybe you have a labelling story that you'd like to capture? Cute home-made labels for jars of jam or how you reorganised your space and had fun labelling everything. Perhaps you have a story about being labelled as something or other and how true/untrue that is.

As ever, I think there's different ways to take this prompt and I'm excited to see what you make.

If you'd like you can share your layout with us over at the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#266 or you can post it in our Whimsical Musings Facebook group again with the tag WM#266.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...