Sunday 29 March 2015

#163 - inspired by a Citrus Twist scrapbook sketch

It was great to have this sketch to work with on Thursday when I needed to produce three layouts in one evening. The sketch gave me a structure as well as a starting point, and actually stretched me to get a little messier than usual.

Here's the Citrus Twist sketch I gave you on Monday


And here's what I did with it.


I followed the sketch pretty closely with the circular element and the paper behind the photo strip. I misted through a stencil instead of the mesh and splatted some mist across the page too before adding some stars and a few enamel dots.

My circle is very messy using first a pen to make the base and then using the mist sprayer a bit like a paint brush to wipe the gold and green Heidi Swapp mist over the top. It's certainly not perfect and could be a little bigger in relation to the photos but I like the effect. You never know, I might actually have a second try with the sketch.

I used the Scrapabilly April kit featuring Pebbles Happy Day collection and embellishments, adding in a little mist and some small Mini Market letters.





I see a few layouts in the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery already for this prompt which makes me very happy so why not join in the fun over there and share your creation using this sketch? Don't forget to tag your layout WM#163 so that we can find it!

1 comment:

  1. Great take on the sketch Lisa! I like the way you added the banner and that cute little clip!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...