Sunday 13 January 2013

#72 inspired by bling, confetti and glitter

Well, I'm determined to catch up with everything as soon as I can on the prompts I've missed recently and there is a long list to be honest. Thank you to everyone for being so patient with me. I appreciate each and every one of you and even when I haven't been around, I've been thinking of you and try to get to our Flickr group as often as I can even if I don't manage to comment.

Life has not exactly calmed down round here but I am trying to just keep my head above water and make time for the things that make me happy and that most certainly includes Whimsical Musings and playing with paper.

I made a decision to leave the TV off yesterday evening and sat here looking for inspiration. It came to me from my Counterfeit Kit Challenge December page kit, Anticipate. I had posted about it on my blog and had intended to make a page about our Advent wreath tradition to include. I even had a note in my post to remind where to post the photo. Of course, I totally forgot and didn't manage to get my hands on any of my scrap supplies after I came back from our trip in December. So that was the first thing that needed to be checked off. I had the photos selected and printed so it was just a matter of picking up my kit and making it work for the prompt (immediately forgetting the original blog post also had a sketch to use!). And as the WM prompt was all about sparkle, it was perfect for this Christmas layout. I am a firm believer that everyone needs a whole lot of sparkle at that time of year.

I added in a sheet of white cardstock, glitter and sequins to match the photos and the prompt. I think this matches the prompt enough ;-) I included glitter slodges, glimmer mist, sequins, silver ink and some shimmery fabric. Ha ha, talk about overload!

CKC December page kit, Anticipate #1



So, being on a roll and thinking about how I had commented on the Flickr board that I had a sequin story to tell from my dressmaking days, I decided to carry on and finish a second page for this story. I love the way that our prompts or other inspiration pushes me into telling my story in small manageable chunks. If I ever get to put my layouts into albums, it will be interesting to see how that adds up and what bits are missing.

CKC January kit, Renew, #2





What a perfect prompt for this dull time of year. I was smiling all the time I made these two layouts.

Thanks Pam for making this week so easy for me :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love your sequins LO, I had the same thing with "30"s, from when I was... 30. Sadly, I haven't seen one in years.

    I don't go that way very often, but when I do, I still look up for your shop. And if the girls are with me - tell them that it was there.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...