Monday 13 February 2017

Challenge #248 - week of 13th February 2017

It's St Valentine's Day this week, and as always I've been thinking about a prompt which is related but not typical. No bright red hearts round here as prompts! And I think I've come up with an interesting take on the day of lurve.

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by a secret.

Traditionally, St Valentine's Day is about receiving a token of love and affection from a secret admirer. I remember getting a card at the age of 13 or so and convincing myself it was from my (not so secret) crush. I held onto that card as a symbol of my teenage affection (someone much older and totally unsuitable - he he) and spent hours scouring it for signs to prove me right. I found that card recently and immediately recognised my dad's handwriting!!! So many years of self-deception evaporated at that moment but it made me laugh out loud all the same. I am so happy that I will never have to be a teenager ever again! Maybe that's the story I need to tell this week.... Unfortunately, I now realise that I threw the card directly in the bin or I could have taken a photo of it to illustrate my story!


What secret will you tell this week? Or maybe you will incorporate some secret element to your page or how about some secret symbolism into the things you use on your page that only means something to you. You could write about secrets you had as a child, the secrets you share with your partner or your bestie, the secrets related to surprises or presents. You might have had a secret love sometime or found out that someone was secretly in love with you. This might be the time to capture that moment in your albums!

We'd love you to use this prompt and hope you will share your creations - there are now two ways to do this!

You can either upload your layout into the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#248 or you can post it in our Whimsical Musings Facebook group. We've decided that we'll save albums for special occasions so just load up your photo to the group with the tag WM#248 in the write up text so that we can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...