Friday 16 September 2016

#229 - inspired by using products by a manufacturer no longer in the scrap industry

I've just blogged over at Recklinghausen Musings about this layout if you'd like to see the back story to my little blog anniversary creation.

But, for now, you knew that I'd used BasicGrey, didn't you? Urban Couture is so 2006 (or it might even have been 2005, before I started) and I think these were some of the first papers I ever got myself. I loved them so much that I used them in a year review album and then I bought myself the whole collection pack - maybe even twice!

I tried to bring it up to date with some modern techniques - splatting, distressing, layering - and matching them up with some newer products - washi, mist, Thickers, mini alphas. I also tried really hard to convince myself to use some of the fibres I'd bought to match the minimal collection pack. But I just couldn't. I think those fibres might have to go into the recycle bag...





I'm not sure about that tag on the right there but overall, the layout pleases me. If nothing else, it gets a small amount of my hoard stash of BG onto a page where it belongs!

We love it when you share too and you can do that at either of our Whimsical Musings groups which can be found at Flickr (here) or over at Facebook (here). Whichever is better for you is great for us. We will find you! Tag your layouts with WM#XXX so that we know which prompt you followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...