Monday 25 May 2015

Challenge #171 week of 25th May 2015

Here in my corner of the world, we are patiently waiting for summer (although I suspect that a few out there are somewhat impatient!) It feels about time for the sun to decide to come out once and for all, rather than the few hours here and there that we're getting right now. We've had some lovely days but as soon as the sun disappears behind the clouds, the temperature drops and it's time to get out the blanket if we want to sit outside on the balcony.

So in the spirit of waiting for summer, and maybe encouraging it along the way, I'd like you to be inspired by using a sunburst design on your page.

It was a big trend one or two summers ago and one that hasn't completely gone away. I've used it a few times recently using papers with a design that called out to be used in this way such as these:




And then I used created a sunburst here with sunny coloured papers, combining several ideas I'd seen online.


Of course, you could take the inspiration literally and use a sunburst photo.


Wherever you take today's prompt, we love it when you share your creations. Don't forget to load them up at our Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#171.

Hoping the sun shines down on you this week. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of color-blocking, but cannot forsake my patterned paper ;-)

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...